Thursday, December 8, 2011

An informal Interview with Young Artist Sam!




If you are looking for an insightful and curious young artist and writer, then Sam is your little man! When I posed my "interview questions" today during his lesson, these were his responses:
What do you like to do Sam?
I like to write stories. Actually, right now I am working on a few books. ...Have you read the "Elf on The Shelf"? It was so cool because this week I went online and was able to start a real book.
What is your favorite art thing to do?
I like to draw the most but nothing in particular.
Do you have a favorite artist?
I can't think of one right now, but I'd like to tell you about my favorite animal which is the Golden Monkey. I've never drawn it though. I found it looking it up for my teacher. Its this tall and this wide (he shows me with his hands). I saw it in a book once with a elephant on it called "Faces and Games About Animals."
Today Sam spent time making a unique math teaching ornament for his school math fair, as well as an artist book with three dimensional components called "The Trick". Enjoy!